SEMPRE is bringing together leading technologies to create the first high-performance, heterogeneous edge computing solution with diverse, secure communications, including private 5G, all in a tamper-resistant, EMP-hardened enclosure. Designed to secure and bridge existing communications infrastructure or operate as a stand-alone solution, the SEMPRE micro edge datacenter is providing connectivity to previously inaccessible areas.
Our hardware platforms have been built from the ground up to offer unique features that are not available from any other company. We are adding to that the a highly secure and robust software solution to support operations in the most demanding environments.
We're looking for an experienced Telecom Developer to join our team. As part of the team, the ideal candidate will have direct experience in developing and modifying a 3GPP standards compliant telecom core. Along with a diverse technical acumen, the candidate should have an equally strong ability to think about new and innovative approaches to solving problems.
What Excites You
- Being involved early and making a significant contribution to the overall outcome
- Creating high quality solutions that enhance the customer experience
- Directly solving difficult and challenging problems with your own work
- Working at a rapidly growing early-stage company
- Collaborating with a small, distributed team of experienced developers
- Working with unique technology
- Write clean, fast, well-designed, well-tested, readable, and maintainable code
- Engage in code reviews to ensure code quality as well as share and distribute knowledge
- Help lead or work independently on projects from idea to execution
- Actively collaborate in all engineering discussions, evangelizing engineering best practices
- Drive consensus and decisions
- Own, create, or review technical design proposals and proof of concepts
- Enhance 5G core code for necessary call flows, 5G features and options, and ensure UE compatibility
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related quantitative degree
- 5+ years of software development experience in a Linux environment
- Knowledge of modern wireless communications systems, including 3G/4G/5G
- Development experience in 5G core functions (AMF, SMF, UPF, PCF, etc)
- Experience in virtualized 4G EPC/5G core
- Experience with virtualization (KVM, VMWare) and containerization is preferred
- Real time system implementation and optimization with hardware acceleration platforms
- Experience with GO programming language preferred (C/C++ required)
- Expertise in Git, Jira and Linux development environments
- Detail-oriented, critical thinker, self-motivated, enthusiastic, resourceful, personable and customer-focused
- Ability to convey complex technical information to a variety of functions and levels within the organization
- Passionate about code quality, continuous delivery, and automated testing
- Comfortable challenging yourself, and the team, to improve how we work
- Experience releasing and supporting production code
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Remote flexibility
NOTE: This position requires someone living in the United States, with US citizenship or a green card holder.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.