SEMPRE (Secure EMP-Resistant Edge) is the only technology company created to protect what matters most: information and communication vital to the mission. To accomplish this, our team of security and digital infrastructure experts set out to tackle every aspect of what modern communications should offer users: security, resiliency, high-performing edge compute and survivability.
We're looking for an experienced Accountant/Controller to join our team. As part of the team, the ideal candidate is a detail-oriented individual who will oversee the company's financial records. Your responsibility will be to create precise financial reports, as well as managing quarterly company IRS filings and any state or local taxation business.You will be responsible for managing supplier invoicing and outbound payments (including payroll), monitor and record sales, and ensure all financial models, records, and related materials are kept up-to-date and stored safely to ensure they can be retained in the event of a catastrophe. Familiarity with DCAA compliance is a bonus.
The accountant's responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Create and manage financial statements and dashboards
- Create and file all necessary tax and financial forms for the company
- Ensure audits are completed promptly with a quality product
- Advise best practices and optimizations throughout accounting processes
- Collaborate with finance personnel to develop approaches for creating more-accurate financial records and models for the company
- Manage any and all audits on behalf of the company
- Determine proper company filing schedule based on available information
- Quality-assure and audit reports and filings for errors
- Implement feedback and changes whenever possible
- Create visualizations that convey accurate financial views of the project
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an accounting-related field
- Proficiency in accounting software and bookkeeping programs such as QuickBooks, as well as Microsoft Office's productivity and office software
- Minimum of five years' experience in accounting, bookkeeping, or financial modeling
- Time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of relevant tax laws in accordance with the Bureau of Labor Statistics and DCAA compliance
- Ability to and comfortable with working in a hybrid office environment
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
NOTE: This position requires someone living in the United States, with US citizenship or a green card holder.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.